Thursday, March 6, 2014

One More Sleep

Well, ready or not, I am leaving here about noon to travel to Toronto tomorrow and see my grandchildren before I leave Friday for New York.

Today was the hardest because I had to take charlie, my 13 year old blond lab, to the kennel and say goodbye for more than 2 weeks. I will truly miss him. I took my 90 year old aunt with me and had to say goodbye to her also. This is also hard as I know how much she misses me. She is my sponsor and she pays my hotel bill and some other expenses. Without her help I would not be able to do this.

Many emails today and lots of events that I should attend. I am almost done organizing the visit to the Canadian High Commission. I am almost packed, I have about 20 pages of documents which I have to read before Friday night.

A couple of weeks ago I was interviewed by the local paper about my involvement with the United Nations and today there is an article in the newspaper from the interview. I hope that they will print a followup story after I return.

Tonight I want to begin a description of the sequence of events.
The topic for the year is announced the year before along with the dates. If you go to the UN Women website or the commission of the Status of Women website, you can see the dates for 2015.
Once we get home we debrief about our time in New York, our successes and failures, and what we can do better in future.

Around June we begin collecting data for the next year. the Ecumenical Women committee develops a questionnaire which is circulated to all member groups. A response is expected in late August or September. The committee then drafts a statement which is sent back to the member groups for "sign on" or approval. This statement is then submitted to the Commission on the Status of Women by a deadline, this year in late October.

More to follow soon.Need to get some sleep.



Blessings Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Comments will be posted after moderation.