Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thurs March 19. 2015

Well I have finally resurfaced.Monday evening I went to the urgent care walk in clinic and for $300 cash I got excellent care including a chest xray to be sure that I did not have pneumonia, a Rx for Zithromax and an RX for more Alvesco and I will run out by doubling the dose.
So acute pharyngitis and acute bronchitis added to my moderate COPD - no fun at all.
the Alvesco at the first drug store was going to cost $420 or so but we managed to fine it nearby for $260.
Amazing, It costs me $4.11 at home.

Any way I went into seclusion, sort of, until last evening when I crossed the street for a planned supper - mostly I was tired of pumpernickel bread with PB and cheese. I also chaired the dinner reporting.
Dinner was good and they had too much so for lunch I have pasta and meat to look forward to.

It has been an unusual CSW this year as the agreed Declaration was introduced and signed on day 1. Since that tome the Commission has been hearing what they call "high level" panels and also been negotiating the "Working Methods" paper. There have been some key issues here as some countries would like to abolish the involvement of NGOs and Civil Society groups. I guess they think that we get in their way when they are deciding what is best to do. But then is becomes decision making without background information and without  that balancing conscience. I hear that the draft today has given NGOs and Civil Society groups our old role back but we will have to wait for the release of the document to see.

You can tell that things are winding down now. Chapel was about half full. we had the salvation Army band and they are terrific. Then I went to the second floor to wait for a meeting that never happened but got to meet a nice Soroptimist woman from Long Island. who was also waiting.
Well I will try to catch up more later. in less than 48 hours I will be back in Toronto
Miss those grandkids,  and the kids too.

Blessings Judy

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! This really shows how fortunate we are to have our health care system in Canada!
    Sending prayers for improved health and a safe return!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Comments will be posted after moderation.