Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day Six in New York

As usual Chapel starts at 8 am. We had breakfast in our room this morning from oatmeal I brought .
There is a room on the end of our floor where you can get a complementary breakfast but it is not especially nutritious - cold cereal, pastries, yogurt, and some fruit. Sometimes I go and have yogurt and fruit.They have bread or bagels but their peanut butter is old and dried up.

The hotel is extremely dry and today I scored a humidifier. this is great because the design of the shower does not put steam in the room. By the way - have you ever seen a square toilet? We have square toilets throughout the renovated part of the hotel. Our room looks south I think and our view is the Chrysler building and the Empire State Building.

After Chapel and briefing, the advocacy committee met to start looking at the compilation draft. We met for an hour and then agreed to work on a section each and report back to me.

I returned to my room to have lunch and worked on a draft statement for our meeting at the Canadian Mission tomorrow. I fell asleep around 2 and woke up at 4:30. So much for seminars today. Finished draft one and headed out for a planned "Advocacy" dinner. About 80 people having dinner at the church centre, pasta, salad, chicken and grilled vegetables. a nice meal and an opportunity to catch up with some Canadians and some old friends also.
Now I am back in my room and the draft is circulating. For the first time since I got here the TV is on and I will quit working now
I hear that it may snow here tomorrow. I hope not. it was 55 yesterday and about 45 today.


Blessings Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Comments will be posted after moderation.